Value Your Trade
We Will Buy Your Car!
At United BMW, we believe in making car shopping and car buying as easy as possible. One way we make that goal achievable for our Marietta customers is by offering a hassle-free way to sell their used cars. Not everyone has the time or desire to become a private party seller — and that’s where United BMW comes in. We will buy your car, so you don’t have to worry about posting ads or screening buyers. Then, we’ll help you put your car’s value toward the new or pre-owned vehicle you truly want.
What is the Trade-In Value of My Car?
If you’re wondering, “What is my used car worth,” the answer is just a few clicks away! Using our handy value your trade-in calculator, you can get an estimated car trade-in value from the comfort of your home or office. Simply input some information about your car into the trade-in value calculator, as well as your contact information, and you’ll have an estimate right away. Keep in mind, that there are a few factors that affect trade-in value, including:
- Mechanical condition
- Car features
- Exterior/Interior condition
- Market landscape
How to Get the Most for Your Trade-in
Here are just a few tips to help boost the value of your vehicle at trade-in dealerships in GA:
- Research: Learn more about your car’s trade-in value using sources like Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds. Also, understand that you might not get the topmost trade-in value, especially if your car is old, is in less-than-perfect condition, or needs repairs.
- Clean the Car & Address Obvious Issues: While it’s not recommended to sink tons of money into a car you plan to trade in anyway, address issues like an illuminated check engine light, small surface scratches, or carpet stains. Give the car a wash and wax, and remove any bumper stickers. Also, check to see if there are any recalls for your vehicle in effect.
- Choose the Best Offer for You: You don’t have to settle on the first trade-in offer you receive. Use your research to find one that’s competitive.
How Do You Trade in a Car?
After you’ve received your trade-in estimate, it’s time for an appraisal of your vehicle! Our Alpharetta dealership can take of this step for you. We’ll examine the condition of your car and make sure it’s a good fit for our used car inventory. When you visit for your car’s appraisal, be sure to bring your trade-in estimate!
Once we’ve examined your car, you can negotiate or accept our offer and finalize the sale. We pride ourselves on offering the fairest possible offer on trade-in vehicles, aiming to make the trade-in process transparent and simple. In fact, there are a couple of major advantages to selling your car to a dealership, including:
- You can haggle at a dealership. We encourage our customers to always do their own research to make sure they’re getting the most reasonable trade-in offers.
- Can you trade in a car you still owe on? You can with a dealership. If you’re upside down on your car loan, you can consolidate what’s owed on your current car with the price of your new ride.
Value Your Trade-In: FAQs
Q: Can you trade in a financed car?
A: Yes, you can. If you have positive equity on the car (as in it’s worth more than what you currently owe), you can trade it in easily. The dealer will purchase the car and pay off the loan, then they’ll put what’s left toward the new vehicle price, giving you a major advantage. If you have negative equity on the car (as in it’s worth less than what you currently owe), the dealer may still buy the car and pay off the loan, but the difference will be rolled into your new car loan — meaning you’ll still need to pay it off eventually.
Q: How soon can you trade in a financed car?
A: There’s no time limit that’s set in stone, but it’s a good idea to wait until you have positive equity.
Q: What does it mean to be “upside-down” on a car loan?
A: Being “upside-down” on a car loan is the same thing as having negative equity. If, for example, you owe $30,000 on a car that’s worth $25,000, you have negative equity.
Q: Should I trade in a car with negative equity?
A: If the amount you owe on your car loan is more than what your car is worth, it might make sense to trade in your car, depending on the situation. If you can’t pay off the loan first and then trade in the car, you can possibly use a trade-in to your advantage. For example, if you owe $10,000 on your car loan and you get a trade-in offer of $7,000, you could put that money toward the loan and pay the remaining $3,000 out of pocket.
Q: Can I trade in my car for a cheaper car?
A: If you still owe money on the car, you can trade it in for a cheaper one. If, for example, you owe $15,000 and the car is worth $20,000, the dealer can purchase the car as a trade-in, pay off the loan, and put the $5,000 toward your new auto loan as equity. If you don’t owe money on the car and own it outright, there’s nothing stopping you from trading it in for a cheaper car; you can do what you’d like with it.
Make United BMW Your Automotive Partner Today!
If you have questions about how to trade in a car that is paid off, or how to get the best possible offer, don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at (866) 906-3182. While you’re here, be sure to browse our current new and pre-owned car specials to start shopping for your next great offer near Johns Creek!