What is the Towing Capacity of the 2020 BMW X3?
The 2020 BMW X3 may be a compact SAV®, but it offers more than enough power to help you plan more exciting adventures near Marietta! The BMW X3 towing capacity tops out at 4,400 pounds with the proper equipment, and you’ll be able to reach this maximum with any trim.
Interested in finding out how to make the most of this power? We’ve broken down everything you need to know about the X3 engines and towing features below.
BMW Towing Features in Your X3
The impressive engineering in your BMW X3 has been designed to help you work smarter, not harder. Although the engines and drivetrains are the foundation of its capabilities, the following features can help you tow with more confidence:
- Dynamic Stability Control (Brake Fade Compensation, Start-off Assistant, Brake Drying, and Brake Stand-by)
- Dynamic Traction Control
- Servetronic® power steering assist
- Rear-view camera
These features all come standard, but if you want even more control, you can equip Front and Rear Park Distance Control and Descent Control, too.
Considering a used model? Although you may not enjoy all of these advanced features, the 2015 BMW X3 28d towing capacity comes in at 3,500 pounds. That’s just one example of what you can expect to find on dealership lots near Johns Creek and Milton, and if it’s enough for your needs, you may not need to pay the whole BMW X3 price tag.
BMW X3 Performance
For 2020, the X3 is available with two engines and two drivetrains! We’ve broken down the capacities of each combination you’ll have to consider below:
- The 2020 BMW X3 sDrive30i includes a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo I-4 and rear-wheel drive. With 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, you’ll enjoy a maximum payload of 893 lbs. Curb weight comes in at 3,931 lbs.
- With the 2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i, you’ll receive a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo I-4 and BMW xDrive AWD. Horsepower, torque, and payload don’t change from the numbers given above, but the heavier drivetrain increases curb weight to 4,401 lbs.
- Upgrade with the range-topping 2020 BMW X3 M40i to enjoy a 3.0L M Performance TwinPower Turbo V6 with 382 hp and 365 lb-ft of torque. Your maximum payload increases to 915 lbs., and your curb weight falls slightly to 4,317 lbs.
If you’re not completely satisfied with this selection, compare the BMW X3 vs. X5 to find out what you could do with the larger model. Although the BMW X3 towing capacity is unchanged for 2021, the availability of a new plug-in hybrid powertrain sets the latest lineup apart.
Find Your New BMW X3 at United BMW
More About BMW X3 Features
You know that this BMW is a stylish and capable luxury compact SUV, but how much is a BMW X3, anyway? What does the 2020 BMW X3 cost with all the features you’re searching for? If you have these or similar questions on your mind, you’ve come to the right place. Find out what you’ll…
The 2020 BMW X3 may be a compact SAV®, but it offers more than enough power to help you plan more exciting adventures near Marietta! The BMW X3 towing capacity tops out at 4,400 pounds with the proper equipment, and you’ll be able to reach this maximum with any trim. Interested in finding out how…